Executive Chef - LA Live
Rosa Mexicano Restaurants, a NYC based, successful casual fine dining restaurant group known for outstanding hospitality and service and for offering an authentic menu that the Zagat Survey calls, "the 'gold standard' of 'upscale modern' Mexican cuisine", with locations in NY, DC, Miami, LA, seeks an Executive Manager. As an Executive Chef with Rosa Mexicano, you will lead the culinary team in all areas of a unit insuring on trend, efficient, safe and sanitary food production. You will be responsible for, inventory, purchasing, food cost controls and staff management and development. Provides excellent customer service to a wide variety of customers and maintains highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
- Evaluates food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Organizes and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen employees to ensure that the preparation, delivery, set up and serving of food and associated items, is economical, technically correct and meets or exceeds health code requirements and customer’s expectations.
- Maintains excellent employee communications to continuously improve the quality of provided services and to resolve problems.
- Analyzes ongoing performance and trends in the local operation and devises and leads improvements
- Follows standardized recipes, portioning and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets. Tastes completed meals to ensure quality
- Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on Company and regulatory standards
- Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas. Ensures that kitchen staff follows and completes schedules as assigned
- Maintains inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed
- Makes all decisions regarding utilization of leftover food products staying within Company guidelines for such products
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits
- Participates and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate
- Culinary degree preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Services Technology/Management/or related field preferred
- Three to five years of progressive culinary or kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Experience with planning and managing catering events from a culinary perspective
- Strong leadership skills and desire to work with an industry leader
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Email and the Internet)
- Ability to communicate on various levels including management, departmental, customer and associate
- Ability to work a continuously flexible schedule including days, evenings, and weekends with varying days off to support a seven-day-a-week dining operation
- ServSafe® Certification