Catering and Events Sales Manager - NYC
Rosa Mexicano Restaurants, a NYC based, successful casual fine dining restaurant group known for outstanding hospitality and service and for offering an authentic menu that the Zagat Survey calls, "the 'gold standard' of 'upscale modern' Mexican cuisine", with locations in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Maryland, seeks a Catering and Events Sales Manager for our NYC location.
The Catering Sales Manager will be responsible for all private dining and catering sales of the restaurant, including, but not limited to sales outreach and event coordination and execution. They will solicit sales opportunities and build relationships with guests to book Catering Events including non-private groups, private events and off-premises catering. The ideal candidate will provide excellent hospitality and service to the guest when planning an event and interact daily with the operations management and culinary team to execute. The candidate should have 2-3 years of restaurant catering sales experience, a passion for food and drink, and a desire to work in a strong service culture. We offer competitive salary, commission and benefits package to our management team as well as opportunity for growth within the company.
- The Catering & Event Sales Manager is responsible for booking and driving catering sales revenue to Rosa Mexicano through building relationships with guests, corporate clients, production companies, and event planners.
- Catering & Event Sales Manager is responsible for selling, coordinating, and aiding in the execution of catering orders, acting as the in-house coordinator for all marketing events and activities, including social media events, public relations events, email marketing, website updating, outbound sales calls, charity and tasting events, and direct outreach to local businesses, hotel concierges, production companies, civic organizations, and residents to grow the catering business, the delivery business, and in person dining business in their market
- The Catering & Event Sales Manager will work with the Director of Catering & Events, to oversee the catering budget and forecast for the year for their location, and for the company as a whole.
- Catering & Event Sales Managers will increase revenue made through applied selling strategy. Strategizing new prospects, qualifying, and maintaining and updated database, and sends weekly & quarterly outreach reports to the Director of Catering & Events
- The Catering & Event Sales Manager position facilitates walk-throughs with client’s pre-contract to sell the spaces and negotiate costs and detail that pertain to event setup, production.
- They are the clients’ primary contact and is ‘hands-on’ involving all aspects of the function as needed, and must be organized, efficient, and knowledgeable of all event details of their events. They are expected to receive, respond, and confirm all catering and event inquiries.
- They are responsible for creating and customizing event proposals when needed, and confirming menu selections, timelines, and guest count when creating a banquet event order.
- The Catering & Event Sales Manager participates in weekly BEO (Banquet Event Order) meetings with Food & Beverage, The General Manager, Director of Catering & Events to review upcoming events, discuss and rectify all logistical challenges, and to foresee all possible problems or hindrances.
- The Catering Sales Manager will also spend time in our restaurant learning our operations, menu, and culture, and will support the management team with miscellaneous administrative functions, as well as answering phones, guest emails, and greeting and seating guests when needed.
- Working closely with the culinary and operations team, you will collaborate on a catering strategy to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Liaising with clients and an operational events manager to make sure all the expectations are met.
- The Catering Sales Manager will greet the client at the beginning of the event and conduct a final walkthrough to assure the event production is flawless, executing the entire event as required.
- Previous experience with Triple Seat is preferred but not mandatory.
- Individual must be incentive driven, passionate, and willing to grow.
- Required to come into the office at the restaurants full time.
- Salary of $60,000 a year with 2% commission.
Rosa Mexicano provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.