Director of Training - Rosa Mexicano
Rosa Mexicano Restaurants , a NYC based, successful casual fine dining restaurant group known for outstanding hospitality and service and for offering an authentic menu that the Zagat Survey calls, "the 'gold standard' of 'upscale modern' Mexican cuisine", with locations in NY, DC, NJ, SAN FRANCISCO, LA, BOSTON, and NATIONAL HARBOR seeks an DIRECTOR OF TRAINING .
Rosa Mexicano is looking for an experienced Director of Training. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, supportive environment to leave a lasting imprint on our learning culture and help evolve along with our business.
Director of Training is responsible for supporting Rosa Mexicano's high standard of operational excellence and the cimpnay's growth strategy designing and delivering all training initiatives for all restaurants throughout the country.
As the organizational development leader, evaluating the effectiveness of training programs and providing recommendations for improvement to management teams is an important ongoing responsibility.
The Director of Training is responsible for developing a curriculum that seamlessly brings together training courses, enrichment opportunities, classes and track engagement levels down to the individual and follow them through their growth within Rosa Mexicano.
Primary Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
*Participate in the development and implementation of training and coaching plans that support regional and corporate objectives. This includes assessing employees' skills, knowledge and abilities, setting development plans, conducting new employee training, succession planning and leadership development.
* In partnership with Senior Leadership, develop both short-term and long-term training strategies that build identified business skills, knowledge, and abilities to create a sustainable infrastructure for ongoing training.
* Edit materials when relevant to the audience to meet strategic business priorities and goals.
* Observe and appraise colleague performance during training, providing feedback to management which would facilitate improvements in accordance to RM standards with regard to product and performance.
* Work closely with the entire HR Team with regard to promoting an 'employer of choice' philosophy.
* Bachelors Degree Desired
* 5+ years of a proven track record for creating and implementing training and development programs, concepts, and tools
* Superior verbal, written, and listening skills, including presentation and facilitation skills
* Ability to proactively and effectively communicate and network with various levels within the organization
* Ability to influence others into a higher learning environment, accountability, problem resolution, that results in top-level performance
* Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-orientated
*A demonstrated ability to think strategically about streamlining systems, reducing expenses, and getting results
* Experienced leader in the hospitality industry, specifically service cultures